The name Tongseng originated from utensils used to cook with, it is made in a Tong and ‘seng’ is sound of the cooking utensils made against the pot when making it. The main ingredients are lamb and vegetable, and it’s super delicious.
- 250 g dice cutted lamb
- 6 onion cloves
- garlic cloves 3 pcs
- 3 red chilies
- 3 bird’s eye chilies
- 0.5 tbsp white pepper
- 2 lime leaves, cut into small pieces
- One lemon grass
- ginger just 1
- 1 tbsp salt
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil to fry
- 3 glass of water
- 2 spring onion, cut to small pieces
- 3 cabbage leaves, cut to small pieces
- 2 tomatoes, dice cut
- Heat 2 table spoon of cooking oil in a frying pan, then pour in all blended seasoning
- Stir fry for 2 minutes until it smells good, then put lamb into it
- When lamb already mixed with all the seasoning, pour in 2 glass of water. Leave it until the water soak in to meat, until there are only approximately half a glass of water left in the pan.
- Put all vegetables in to the pan. Stir a little bit.
- Serve with fried onion