- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm/½in chips.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Low-calorie cooking spray.
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled.
- ½ small onion, peeled .
- 1tsp artificial sweetener.
- 57ml/2 fl oz water.
- 1-2tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 1-2 drops Tabasco sauce.
- 794g/1lb 12oz extra lean minced beef.
- 8tbsp very finely chopped shallots.
- 4tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 4 garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- 4 x 57g/2oz wholemeal roll.
- 4 lettuce leaves.
- 4 slices of tomato.
- Grated carrot.
- Shredded red cabbage.
How to make
- To make this Slimming World recipe, preheat the oven to 240ºC/gas 9.
- Place the chips in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 mins. Drain well on kitchen paper and leave to dry for about 10 mins.
- Return the chips to the dry pan, cover with a lid and shake to ‘rough-up’ the edges of the chips. Transfer to a non-stick roasting tin, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 20-25 mins, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile place all the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 4-5 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the burgers: Place the minced beef, shallots, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a bowl and, using your hands, combine thoroughly. Season well, divide into four and shape into flat burgers. Spray the burgers with low-calorie cooking spray, place under a hot grill and cook for 5-6 mins on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove and keep warm.
- To assemble the burgers: Split the rolls in half and place a lettuce leaf and a tomato slice on top of each base. Top with a burger and some of the salsa, and serve immediately with the chips and some grated carrot and shredded red cabbage.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)