Maple Mustard Salmon delicious
for 2 servings
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ½ tablespoons French’s spicy brown mustard
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, plus a pinch, divided
½ teaspoon paprika
1 lb salmon, cut into fillets (455 g)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ peach, diced, small
½ avocado, diced small
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (10 g)
½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
1 pinch of salt
- Place butter, French’s Spicy Brown Mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and paprika in a small pot. Heat over low heat and whisk until butter has fully melted and the sauce starts to simmer. Continue simmering for a few minutes until sauce reduces to a glaze. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Rub salmon with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with a bit of the glaze.
- Heat an oiled grill pan (or heat up a grill) over high heat. When hot, place the salmon flesh-side down into the pan. Cook until the salmon has clear grill marks, then carefully flip to cook on the other side. Brush with more glaze. Once salmon is cooked to your liking, remove from pan.
- For salsa, lightly toss peach, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and pinch of salt in bowl.
- Top the salmon fillets with the peach-avocado salsa and serve immediately.
- Ready to serve!