Chocolate Peanut Eggs Easter Cake Recipes
Total Time: 35 mins
Prep. Time : 25 mins
Cook : 10 mins
Opt. Freeze : 4 hrs
Yield: 12 eggs
- 4 graham crackers (crushed)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Optional: pastel food coloring
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and graham crackers. You can use a hand mixer or you can mix thoroughly with a large spoon. For better consistency, use the hand mixer.
- Place the ball of peanut butter filling between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the sheet of peanut butter filling on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for one hour, or until firm. Use a small egg-shaped cookie cutter to cut out your egg shapes.
- You can also use a circle cookie cutter and gently form the top of the circle into an egg shape. Place the egg shapes back into the freezer while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- In a double boiler melt the semisweet chocolate chips with the shortening, stirring constantly, until completely smooth. Then remove the eggs from the freezer.
- Using a fork, carefully dip each egg into the melted chocolate coating completely. Remove using the fork and allow the excess chocolate to drip off of the peanut butter egg.
- Carefully place on a sheet of wax paper and repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Allow them to harden completely at room temperature, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Lay out 3 to 4 small bowls (depending on how many colors you want).
- Add drops of food coloring to each bowl to create pastel purple, pink, blue, and yellow. You will only need a few drops of each color because of the small amount of chocolate and the desire to create a pastel color.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring after every thirty seconds of heating.
- Divide the white chocolate between the three or four bowls. Stir them to completely blend the colors.
- Drizzle each color over the hardened eggs. Allow to completely harden again, at room temperature, store them in the freezer before serving (optional).
- Chocolate Peanut Eggs Easter Cake is ready now.
Read also :
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)