Cute Italian Lemon Meringue Cake Recipes :
The ingredients :
For the shortcrust pastry :
- 100g T45 flour
- 50g butter at room temperature
- 20g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- 1g of salt
For the lemon curd :
- 1 lemon (45 to 50 ml of juice)
- 2 eggs
- 65g sugar
- 15g butter
For the Italian meringue :
- 1 egg white
- 60g caster sugar
- 20 ml of water
The preparation :
Prepare the lemon curd :
- In a saucepan, beat the eggs with the sugar then add the juice, passing it through a sieve.
- Heat over low heat without stopping mixing with a whisk until the preparation thickens.
- Be careful not to boil the cream so as not to coagulate the eggs!
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the butter cut into pieces and smooth the lemon curd with a maryse.
- Let cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
The Tartlets :
- In a bowl, pour the flour, sugar, salt and the butter cut into pieces.
- Sand with your hands and then crumble with your fingertips until a sandy powder is obtained.
- Once the sand is obtained, make a well in the center and add the egg yolk with 1 tsp of water.
- Mix everything quickly and without overworking the dough so that it does not become elastic.
- Form a pebble and wrap it in cling film and keep it cool for at least 1 hour.
- On the lightly floured work surface, spread the shortbread dough to a thickness of 2 mm using the rolling pin.
- Prick it over the whole surface with a fork and then, using a 6 cm diameter cutter, cut out the tart shells.
- Pick up these with a very fine spatula and darken the mini-tart impressions with.
- Chill for 30 ‘.
- Gather the dough scraps then re-spread to repeat the operation until the dough is used up.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° and bake the tart shells for 10 to 15 ‘.
- Let it cool on rack.
- Once cooled, garnish each tart bottom with a teaspoon of lemon curd then refrigerate.
Make the Cute Italian Lemon Meringue :
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water.
- Place a thermometer in it and heat to a temperature of 118 °.
- At the same time, start mounting the snow white at low speed and gradually increasing it.
- When the syrup has reached 118 °, remove from the heat and pour it over the white, continuing to beat at moderate speed, until the meringue cools.
- Put it in the pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip, decorate the mini-tartlets nicely and brown with a blowtorch.
Enjoy your meal … !
see also : Mascarpone Italian Cake Recipe
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)